REPRESENTATION BEFORE EDUCATION MINISTER H.P. REGARDING PROMOTION OF U.G.C. QUALIFIED SCHOOL LECTURERS
This representation is prepared by Pankaj Kumar Chief Org. Sec. HPSLA and submitted to The Hon’ble Education Minister, (H.P.Govt.) and The Hon’ble DHE, Department of Education (H.P.Govt.), Shimla. H.P. in the meeting held with them at Hamirpur and Shimla respectively.
The Hon’ble Education Minister,
Department of Education (H.P.Govt.),
Sub: – Representation in respect of promotion channel for UGC qualified Lecturers (School Cadre) to college.
With due regards, the association request you to make proposal to provide promotion channel to college for UGC qualified lecturers working at intermediate stage. The following facts we would like to place for your kind consideration:-
1. The lecturer (School Cadre) is the category of teachers who has been placed under Directorate of Higher Education along with collage lecturers in Himachal Pradesh.
2. The appointment to post at intermediate level is subject wise as is done at college level, with Post Graduation (MA/MSc.) as the basic qualification.
3. There are hundreds of lecturers (School Cadre), who are UGC qualified i.e. PhD, M Phil., NET, SLET. They all have done research and hard work to enhance their individual intellect, as well as, it is a rich contribution towards building knowledge based society, which is an essence of development.
4. We have time and again placed our request through demand charter to your good office to make promotion channel available to the UGC qualified lecturers (School Cadre) to college.
5. In our view UGC lay down only conditions of eligibility for appointment to colleges. The recruitment of college teachers is done by state government. There are instances of recruitment through absorption (Pvt. college takeover, adhoc, tenure, old contract, PTA) wherein no test or interview has been conducted at HPPSC level.
6. Most recently, the appointment of college teachers post was made purely 100% on contract basis. This has resulted in total blockade of carrier prospects of UGC qualified persons working as lecturer (School Cadre) on regular basis in govt. senior secondary schools of Himachal Pradesh.
7. The post of college teachers is the only post to which there is no recruitment through promotions in the state. In all other govt. posts (Class IV to Class I/even up to IAS) there are two ways of recruitment i.e.
a) Direct recruitment
b) Recruitment through promotion
As an example:- The contract appointment to post of SDO do not hamper promotional avenue/ carrier advancement of JE working on regular basis. The promotion of JE to SDO is available and JE can become SDO, that too on regular basis.
No such channel is available for appointment to post of college teacher.
We demand from the govt. that the recruitment rules to post of college lecturers be amended and 50% recruitment to college teachers must be done through promotion.
In the light of above backdrop, the association want to summit to the govt. through your good office that the promotion channel should be made available to UGC qualified lecturer (School Cadre) working at intermediate stage in the state by opening recruitment through promotion.
The association requests you to make the proposal on the basis of recruitment of college teacher by promotion from amongst eligible lecturers (School cadre) working at intermediate level on ANDHRA PRADESH state model of Indian Union.
Following are important points of our findings:-
(i) The promotion from amongst eligible junior lecturers working at intermediate (Junior College) stage to lecturers Degree College is called recruitment by promotion/transfer.
Annexure (i) – reflecting A.P.Govt. orders of promotion of various eligible junior lecturers in different subjects to degree colleges.
(ii) The promotion is done by the commissioner of collegiate education, Hyderabad headed by an IAS officer.
Annexure (i) – same as above
(iii) These promotions are governed by A.P. Educational Subordinate Service Rules and A.P. Education Service Rules.
(iv) The provision of recruitment by promotion is allowed by (Page 49) A.P. Public Service Commission, Commissions Regulations and Rules of Procedure, allows promotion (Recruitment by promotion/transfer) from eligible junior lecturers to lecturers in Degree Colleges.
Annexure (ii) of APSSC
(v) Recruitment by promotion – regulations issued in G.O. Ms. No.776 dated 02/06/1954, then 24/06/1957 of Andhra Pradesh Government in general administration (services A), teaching staff in government junior and Degree colleges in the state.
Since college post is a class I post in Himachal Pradesh, so recruitment to this post is done at All India level. This, definitely sabotage the interest of the people of the state coming out by fighting in tough topographical conditions and, not so developed social conditions. The association requests you to recommend the matter in the favor of UGC qualified teachers working at intermediate stage to get their due, in the larger interest of people of Himachal Pradesh.